• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Sheff Utd: FA Cup 3rd Rd - Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Ropey first 15 mins, but a good performance and a job well done.

Pod MOTM. Silva played well too.

Can’t ask for much more than that, especially with the defense getting chopped and swapped in different ways each half.

Pod has quickly become our most important attacking outlet for me.

Comfortable even if we did try to give them a head start.

Podence and Silva really good.

Suspect it will be Marcal at centre back against Saints but not that comfortable with either him or Donck in the back three. Rather we signed someone in that time!

Never really got out of 2nd gear but when we did Pod, RAN in the second half, Neves and Semedo were superb. Fabio played very well, linking with Pod nicely.

Pod MotM hopefully the last we'll see of Adama and Marçal (at CB).

Good day at the office. A few errors that could have cost us, but plenty of positives too and it was all very easy in the end.

Pod and our two wing-backs were my pick of the bunch today. Must admit I was puzzled by the double substitution until the commentator said we were allowed up to 5 in the Cup. Job done, a lower league side in the draw please.

Some really good pieces of play today, just wish more of it would click and we were more clinical. Good to watch anyway. Compare that to Nuno V Chorley.

So who do we start up front in the league next time out?

Anyway, Fabio was always getting into really useful positions last year but was obviously a child. Looks a prospect now

Didn’t realize Jordao is only 22.
In fairness to him he never looks overawed. If he can stay healthy for more than a week he may yet have some role to play (however small).

Anyway, Fabio was always getting into really useful positions last year but was obviously a child. Looks a prospect now
He also has a slight goatee now. Boys become a man

Easy win. Never really got out of third gear - though we were in 1st gear for the 1st 10 and nearly conceded because of that.

Podence is showing what a clever player he is and Fabio had a really good game, lovely assist for the 1st goal.

Delighted for Semedo to score, perhaps it'll give him a boost if he finds himself in a similar situation over the next few games.

As for Adama... Perhaps the worst he's played for us? For those who dislike Adama, I saw your reasons today! I thought he'd have been a real threat against Sheffield United, lower league opposition and (probably) aiming for a move to another club. Today was a really lethargic performance from him.

Back