• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Preston North End (A) build up

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Paul Lambert's first game in charge, tough to guess what team he'll go with. Will Ikeme be fit? Edwards misses this game with a suspension after picking up 5 yellows. Personally I'd like to see something like this

Ikeme/Lonergan

Silvio Batth Hause Borthwick-Jackson

Coady Saiss

Costa Teixeira Cavaleiro

Bodvarsson​

Anyone else going to this?

Think that's the team I'd start with, maybe Stearman in place of one of the CB's, not because he's any better than them, but he's certainly not worse than their recent form and his confidence won't be shot to pieces. Hopefully Bod will be rejuvenated. Like to see one of the young strikers on the bench too.

Similar team to me but I'd probably also want to replace Batth and CBJ.

Problem is who to replace them with. Probably Stears for one of them purely because Batth needs taking out of the firing line but it's no endorsement on Stearman!

I think Paul Lambert will look to introduce a more compact shape while also looking to play more football through the centre of the field. So with that in mind it may be more 4-1-4-1 with the inclusion of Jack Price to steady the game down when required.

I'd be very surprised to see Price included.

I'd rather Saiss in that role but reckon it'll be a similar shape to previous games.

I'd go with Lycan's team but with Dicko starting if he's fit enough to play ninety. Maybe Prince for Coady as well.

Similar team to me but I'd probably also want to replace Batth and CBJ.

Problem is who to replace them with. Probably Stears for one of them purely because Batth needs taking out of the firing line but it's no endorsement on Stearman!

Agree with this. Batth needs a rest to get himself sorted out.

Two weeks off with a new manager, I'd give him a couple of games and see what happens. The coaching side of things has obviously been dog shit recently given how we like to give a goal away every game inside fifteen minutes so maybe things will change. I know he's been pretty bad but let's see if Lambert can shake things up and get the best out of him. If not, drop him.

My view is that you won't get a regular goalscorer unless you play two up front.

Gerd Muller immediately springs to mind. He was shit on his own. Absolutely dreadful...

Given our defensive frailties then protection for them is necessary so would expect a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation (and Stearman is not really the answer to a question that shouldn't be asked)

2 from 3 of Saiss, Prince, Price to sit - Costa, Cavaleiro & Texeira in the 3

Would prefer Dicko as the 1 as has seemed more likely than Bodvarssen to put the ball into the net (& a goal will help him recover the performance that we know he can bring to the table) -will probably depend on how much Bod has had to give during the Internationals with Iceland as to who gets the shirt).

We'll soon see what he's seen of the squad during the 2 weeks, but think it will look very much like it has been with Edwards giving him the 'gen' on the players. I doubt he'll be dropping Danny in his first match

Paul "Champions League winner" Lambert needs gen from Rob Edwards like I need tits.

Tbf, having tits would be awesome. You wouldn't need to get out of bed in the morning....

Tbf, having tits would be awesome. You wouldn't need to get out of bed in the morning....

Though to live your life might present a problem

There are other things needed to be done & wandering around Tesco's fondling yourself could well bring the security team out in force

1hr in the morning & a couple in the evening would be fine though

I hope the back 4 doesn't include Iorfa and Hause. I hope it includes 4 players that he's had a fortnight to work with in training and drill.
Silvio Batth Stearman Doherty/CBJ

Back