• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Preston North End (A) build up

I think he will mostly go with players who have been at the training ground this international break. For example, Batth and Stearman could well start at centre back I reckon. Dicko up front as Bod is away. Also - Bright wasn't included in the u23s squad for their game today (or is it tomorrow?)

Is Batth suspended? I just read that he was out of the PNE game due to suspension.

It'll be one of the other British lads, I'm sure.

This is my way of thinking too. Let's get the homegrown players back in the starting eleven and let's start climbing the table.

This is my way of thinking too. Let's get the homegrown players back in the starting eleven and let's start climbing the table.

They did so well last season to be fair.

I think he will mostly go with players who have been at the training ground this international break. For example, Batth and Stearman could well start at centre back I reckon. Dicko up front as Bod is away. Also - Bright wasn't included in the u23s squad for their game today (or is it tomorrow?)
Didn't Bright come on as sub against Blackburn last year? Perhaps he impressed Lambert?

What happened to Prince ? He seems to be out of favour.
Looks like he could be our duffest signing.

It's a strange one because while he hasn't exactly set the world alight here he hasn't been poor either (apart from when he was being played out of position on the left wing) and has actually scored two really good goals. I think the problem some Wolves fans have with him is that they thought he was going to be this big bruising box-to-box midfielder but you can see just by looking at his physique that he isn't that.

When we decide what we actually want our central midfield to do then he might have a proper impact. As it is, so far he's been chucked into a new league in a new country and given zero instructions or played wildly out of position.

Zenga really dodged the flak on that one somehow, terrible management.

I think Prince will turn out okay but I tend to agree that he's not been used anywhere near the right way.

He's shown some glimpses of real talent but it's been stifled by where he's been told to play.

I think Lycan is right. Some fans seemed adamant that we needed a 'midfield general' (how I love that term) and assumed that would be Oniangue.

I think Prince will turn out okay but I tend to agree that he's not been used anywhere near the right way.

He's shown some glimpses of real talent but it's been stifled by where he's been told to play.

I think Lycan is right. Some fans seemed adamant that we needed a 'midfield general' (how I love that term) and assumed that would be Oniangue.

A snotter?

Alan will love this, but Prince like Doumbia and Olofinjana before him are expected to be something they aren't, based on their build. It started with the latter being compared to Vieira.

I expected Seyi to be able to win 70-30 challenges and beat Jay Tabb in the air tbf.

I don't agree with the comparisons between Doumbia and Oniangue either TBH.

Different kinds of player and although I'd never go as far as to say Prince has played particularly well, he's not a half arsed bottle job like Doumbia.

I can certainly see a Oniangue/Coady partnership doing something in this league. There have been glimpses of an understanding there.

Alan will love this, but Prince like Doumbia and Olofinjana before him are expected to be something they aren't, based on their build. It started with the latter being compared to Vieira.

Prince is skinnier than I am! He's not built at all.

It's not like Doumbia/Olofinjana who could've thrown their weight around if they wanted to but didn't.

I don't agree with the comparisons between Doumbia and Oniangue either TBH.

Different kinds of player and although I'd never go as far as to say Prince has played particularly well, he's not a half arsed bottle job like Doumbia.

I can certainly see a Oniangue/Coady partnership doing something in this league. There have been glimpses of an understanding there.
That's my point really. People see the build and expect them to be a box to box enforcer. It wasn't and isn't the game of any of them, although hopefully Prince will prove to be better all round.

I suspect Alan is more correct on this - people see African midfielder and expect Viera-like.

Prince is skinnier than I am! He's not built at all.

It's not like Doumbia/Olofinjana who could've thrown their weight around if they wanted to but didn't.

Doumbia was skinny as fuck too!

Even Olofinjana wasn't especially robust, tall but not all that much substance. I can't remember Vieira ever really looking that big built though to be fair, just remember him being a bit of a dirtbag when he wanted to and flying in some big challenges rather than being a tank bouncing people around like say Wanyama can.

Back