• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-2 West Ham: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

A first half full of promise but we don't have the personnel to capitalise on such a performance right now. West Ham adjusted and were the better team 2nd half. A bit of luck with the 2nd goal and we were ridiculously unlucky with that offside decision.

The season continues to peter out with a damp squib. At least Cunha continues his recovery unscathed and Doc had a rare good game.

Rayan Ait-Nouri MOTM.

Last edited:
Aggravating game, ran good, ref decisions bad

I’m turning on our January as I’m starting to realize we’ll learn fuck all about GO for as long as this lasts.

Absolutely clear to me that 7 to 8 mins before half time we started showboating. We then started the second half in a similar fashion and absolutely got what we deserved. I'm not dressing up shit like that.... GON needed to issue a rocket... he didn't. Kilman needed to be vocal and issue a rocket. He didn't.

The goal at the end was a side issue to the fucking weak and pathetic response after we scored.

I called it at 1-0 up and so it proved.

MOM : RAN / DOC.

Utter fucking shite.

West Ham were woeful first half. Wolves response was ”hold my beer”. Absolutely awful from the moment RAN went off.

Season done.

Looking forward to Gaz ripping that decision apart - not that it will make the slightest bit of difference.

And the ref flashing his cards around for fun at the end like a spoilt little baby because we’re calling out the decision for what it is. Absolutely laughable.

Season done because of a dreadful call like that - just how it started. We’ve well & truly been done over by VAR/officials this season, and then the injuries on top of that are just the cherry on top.

Most elite league in the world, apparently.

Oh, and as I said in the matchday thread. People scoffed at the mere suggestion of us signing Antonio, but put him in our starting 11 today and we win the game comfortably.

A game of 2 halves. Total domination in the 1st where no player was performing lower than a 7/10, absolute pile of shit in the 2nd where no player deserved more than a 2/10. One of the worst 2nd half performances I've seen. Abject in every way, and you knew from quite early on if West Ham got a goal, they would go on to win. We got what we deserved and the terrible VAR decision will overshadow how utterly shit that 2nd half performance was.

Oh, and as I said in the matchday thread. People scoffed at the mere suggestion of us signing Antonio, but put him in our starting 11 today and we win the game comfortably.
And what good does this do us now?

Yet again Cheating cunt of VAR
Sorry, I usually agree with you on most decisions but I can see why they disallowed Kilman's equalizer. Totally agree the keeper was never getting to it but there was a moment when he wouldn't have seen the ball and that is all it needs. Of course, it's bullshit but under the current rules, you can expect decisions like this.

it just gets to the point where you are sick to the back teeth of been on the wrong side of this sort of shite. Start of the season was derailed by it, now this, in a game we needed to win and absolutely couldn't loose. as i said in the game thread, fuck off, just fuck off.

A first half full of promise but we don't have the personnel to capitalise on such a performance right now. West Ham adjusted and were the better team 2nd half. A bit of luck with the 2nd goal and we were ridiculously unlucky with that offside decision.

The season continues to peter out with a damp squib. At least Cunha continues his recovery unscathed and Doc had a rare good game.

Rayan Ait-Nouri MOTM.
Doc has played well recently.

Err. It’s a football forum for discussing football on.
We didn’t not buy Antonio because Shi trawled the Transfer Window thread. You make it sound like folks who didn’t want Antonio should feel bad about it.

This season feels very like Lage’s season.

Hes missed an average of 17 games each season through injury, he'd be just as likely kicking his heels with Neto, Hwang and Belldgarde on the treatment table with you commenting who signed off on signing this ageing player with this injury record ;)

Radio 5 Live stated that we had scored an equaliser. I was so happy! I walked down the garden to see Sky stating it was ruled out. VAR is ruining the game. Thank God I was not at the game today. I would have been apoplectic.

We didn’t not buy Antonio because Shi trawled the Transfer Window thread. You make it sound like folks who didn’t want Antonio should feel bad about it.
What has that got to do with the price of milk?

It’s an entirely valid observation in a verdict thread to say “we should have signed one of the opposition players when we had the chance”.

This forum is shite when certain posters post like this.

Back