• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 0 Aston Villa: May we never take this nosebleed for granted.

Sexiest of touches number two.

To add to Bonatini's touch into Jota for the Forest winner now add Neves absolutely fabulous deft touch into Jota for Leos goal yesterday. I can stop watching that touch, this team is getting better and better and better..

What did we ever do to deserve Jota?! Good lord!

We are really fucking good :clap:

Fucking love Jota, fucking love Cav, fucking love Neves and Costa and Saiss and Leo......... and I really fucking love Nuno :worshippy:

I do enjoy reading opposition forums. Before the game Villa fans were adamant they had the stronger starting 11........... then reality kicks in after a 90 minute schooling :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I have a terrible terrible headache, what a wonderful game and evening to celebrate. Few things outside the obvious I thought our normal weak links were very good today Doc in particular and Batth is improving whilst retaining the qualities that already made him useful.

The spell of passing that lead to the header that never was could have easily graced La Liga, I am still struggling to accept that we are as good as we are.

If the fee for Jota is as reported in the region of 18M then its a steal, I hope we can get that done I think Hourihane cost Villa 15M for comparison.

It is not classic "goal of the season" material but for me that second goal says everything about Nuno's Wolves. Coady heads it clear, a sublime flick from Neves, Jota goes half the length of the pitch, slices through John Terry, ball breaks to Leo who smashes it in from an impossible angle and then celebrates in a way that shows what playing for our great club means to him. Ten seconds that sum up the wodnerful things that are happening

That Leo goal might be one of my favourite Molineux moments.

I'm going through some tough personal shit right now and the sense of relief I felt when Leo crashed the ball in almost floored me. Then the guy in the row behind actually did floor me.

This team is an absolute joy to watch.

Simply amazing performance, what a difference Nuno ball is compared to the shit we’ve endured for the past 2 seasons.

The scary thought is that our front 3 are so young theyre only going to get better!

I know that the goal line technology was not working correctly, and television angles were inconclusive, but should Wolves have had a third?

I know that the goal line technology was not working correctly, and television angles were inconclusive, but should Wolves have had a third?

At the time i thought it was in Frank and it would have been goal of the season with the build up but having seen the replays all the ball wasn't over the line imo.

Simply amazing performance, what a difference Nuno ball is compared to the $#@! we’ve endured for the past 2 seasons.

The scary thought is that our front 3 are so young theyre only going to get better!

Past 30 years. Even when we won the league under Mick we never looked like this - different level.

Well what can you say I think its time to get carried away. I have a shocking hangover sore throat and my ears are still ringing. That was the best we have played for a very long time. Villa IMO are not as bad as we made em look. The best bit is we never look like we are gonna concede and the calmness Nuno has installed into this side. I must say Doc and Danny were both superb as well as everyone else.

My first game since forest last season.

As has been mentioned, the atmosphere is electric, and not just inside the ground, but around the ground too. The walk to the stadium builds the electricity. It is palpable - it is in the air. Every wolves fan is optimistic, and looking forwards to the football. The noise in the subway, the smiles on peoples faces, the camaraderie. It is phenomenally different to recent times.

In the ground, the noise was phenomenal. I was in the NB, and I couldn't hear a peep from the SB, cos the NB were all singing loudly. The whole environment is set up to build, and it is so well done.

Prior to the game, machin couldn't bring himself to order me half a lager, so presented me with a glass of rocket fuel.

For the first half, I wasn't sure if I was under the influence. It seemed I was watching us totally dominate the opposition. As slink said, it was almost 90 mins of attack vs defence. At no point in the entire game was I concerned that villa would score.

Text conversation with darlo at half time comparing what we'd seen the past 2 years to this was phenomenal. To think this is the same venue where we lined up 4-5-1 v MK dons.

That was total control. To a man, we were brilliant. No-one deserves less than 7 out of 10.

I doubt we will be outside the top 2 the rest of the season. We are going up. No doubt.

The above said, I think Nuno got it wrong with the selection. Bonatini should have started. For those saying Douglas was our worst player, nothing came off for Costa. I can see what Nuno was trying, get at chester, hutton & terry with pace (chester effectively shat himself for 90 minutes) it wasn't working. That said, because of the quality we have, we still controlled the game. Bonatini coming on at the start of the 2nd half escalated our control, and I was seriously impressed with him. Plus, great finish.

Ruddy, though had little to do, in the last 10 mins was immense - covering when coady allowed a ball to bounce, and a couple of good claims. Really commands his area, gives his defence confidence.

Miranda/Coady/Baath - all superd and in control. Really impressed with all 3.

Doherty had a great game, best I've seen him play. Douglas gave the ball away a couple of times, but still played well imo. He does a fucking lot of work.

Saiss is so improved from last season. And Reuben fucking Neves. Jesus christ he is so good. My erection still hasn't gone down. What a player.

Cavaleiro was brilliant, so involved in so much in so many areas of the pitch. Got clattered a few times, but kept going. Brilliant display.

Jota - capable of making space, but then doing something phenomenal.

Costa was quiet - wanting to get involved, but it didn't quite work. We know he'll improve with games. Right to sub him.

Bonatini - brilliant. Changed the game, & this is what we need, players who can change games. We've about 11 of them. Options, it is brilliant.

In prior years, we've hoped that 1 player in the team (SEB, Sako, Dicko) would create a bit of magic that would get us victory. We now have probably 16 players in the matchday 18 capable of that. Hell, there are some players unlucky not to be making the 18.

We are awesome!

Great to see so many friends too - wonderful to see darlo & sam (been too long, hope it won't be as long til next time) deutsch & kenny, machin and his introducing me to a lovely ale, lycan (brilliant to see him smiling!) and to meet trips for the first time. We also saw victhegreek walk past the royal london, but apparently the staff stopped letting people in.

I'm still grinning like a cheshire. Like parkin has mentioned, I am concerned regarding being able to get a ticket in the future. That's not a short term problem, I know I'm unlikely to be able to afford one til the new year. But have to say after yesterday, I am really envious of you posters who will get to see that regularly.

Oh also, thought the ref had a good game. Dohertys fall wasn't a pen, and aside from an off the ball collision when we were breaking that I didn't see well, I thought he got almost everything right.

edit - was also quite impressed with o'hare for villa when he came on.

Its one thing buying a collection of good players, Villa, its another thing to have those players properly coached into a collective unit, Wolves, which bodes well for a consistent successful season. Im just trying to take this week by week though because football has to be enjoyed in the moment. No need to look to far ahead.

What a change pre-match is from previous season. Positivity from the fans, excitement at what could be ahead and an enjoyment/anticipation of what lies ahead.
Great to see the gang and apologies to Machin for jumping all over him when Leo scored!
Got home at 10 to 1 this morning thanks to the BT Police refusing to let us board the train at Wolverhampton and making us miss the connection at New Street for the last train to Northallerton. Big thanks to SamWolf's brother for driving to York to pick us up. Oh and I got to work at 05.25 this morning for a 12hr shift but still bouncing!
LJ, it was great to see you, it's been too long and also good to meet Trips

Here's a pretty good match report from the Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...nderers-2-aston-villa-0-vibrant-wolves-climb/

Great day yesterday. Throat is killing me now, so sore.

Great to meet up with everyone pre-match, was good fun.

Best performance I've seen from us for years. So controlled, exciting and fluent. Said to the wife on way out of the ground - you can feel something special is building here

Back