• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Preston North End (A) build up

I've been out of the football loop for awhile - is CBJ still at the club or has he been recalled?

I blame Soccerbase, Saville should be suspended.

Lambert has at least gone for players in their best positions, with one obvious screaming exception and the formation is how most would go for.

Lambert has at least gone for players in best positions, with one obvious screaming exception and the formation is how most would go for.

+1

Don't understand why Price is in and Saiss isn't. Same with Doherty and CBJ or Silvio. Saville on the left wing instead of a proper footballer in his correct position who also happens to be our record signing.

Not a fan of that line up at all.

I don't know where people get their information from. But Stearman is not starting, he is on the bench as is Dicko.
So Bright comes from nowhere to make the starting 11, but you have a pop because of Stearman. I for one will thank GFFH and Penk for their info.

Doherty and Saville down the left side is horrendous.

But I'm pleased Bright is getting a start - hope he takes his chance.

I am not thrilled at that line up at all, round pegs square holes on the left. The back 4 looks like a safe bet to concede an early goal and I would have preferred Stearman to Hause. Iorfa has been desperately out of form so I hope he can find some confidence from somewhere as there is bags of talent there.

On the bright side (no pun intended :D) at least we will get to see one of our youngsters getting his chance in a position he clearly favors.

I somehow think we will win this in an ugly 2-1 win. Preston to take the lead in the first 10 minutes but goals from Bod & Bright to win the game.

Had a feeling when a British Manager was appointed he'd be going back to homegrown players initially.

Saville has at least played there before and had ok games there. Whether it works now or not is another matter. I'd much rather have Cav there.

Saville has at least played there before and had ok games there. Whether it works now or not is another matter. I'd much rather have Cav there.
You can't have him offering no threat outside the full back and have him backed up by an absolute carthorse with no left foot. So easy to defend against. You know absolutely everything down that side is going to come back inside.

Lambert has at least gone for players in their best positions, with one obvious screaming exception and the formation is how most would go for.

No difference really, we have a left winger and he's not being played. New manager same shite. Saville is an awful player and I can only hope the official site have it wrong and it's 4-3-3 with Bright on the right, Costa left and a narrow 3 of Saville - Price - Coady

You can't have him offering no threat outside the full back and have him backed up by an absolute carthorse with no left foot. So easy to defend against. You know absolutely everything down that side is going to come back inside.
At least Doc will overlap outside him given half a chance.

If Lambert indicated that he wanted us to play on the front foot & press forward, which he did, then surely Cavaleiro gives you a greater liklihood of that than Saville

Back