• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Millwall - "It's the hope that kills you" Build Up Thread

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
We have to win and win well and hope the unexpected happens elsewhere. Millwall could still have a chance of surviving (they need Rotherham to get no more than 1 point v Reading mid week)

Presume Ikeme will be still be out

..............Tommy K

Iorfa.....Stears....EEL.....Golbourne

VLP......Price....McDonald....Sako

........Afobe......Dicko

Miracles aside, this will be our goodbye to Sako and also a farewell to Doyle.

I wonder how many ghost penalties are going to go around the stadium at the weekend..

I wonder how many ghost penalties are going to go around the stadium at the weekend..

No doubt there will be news of goals against Derby and Brentford that haven't actually happened.

Lee Gregory at Millwall is confident

CDmy_VEXIAAXcah.jpg

Well this must be the 4th or 5th time over the last 20 years or so we've been in this position on the last day, unfortunately I think the end result will be the same as every other time. Point for Ipswich, wins for everyone else. I can see Brentford hammering Wigan though and a bit of a panic in Suffolk ensuing.

Going right to the last day:

1998/99: Lost 3-2 at home to Bradford, wouldn't have mattered if we'd won anyway
1999/00: Won 1-0 at Port Vale but didn't matter anyway as Bolton also won and Kevin Lynch had robbed us of a point at Horwich days earlier
2001/2: Drew 2-2 at Sheffield Wednesday, a win wouldn't have been enough anyway as Akinbiyi failed to deliver the hat-trick at The Hawthorns that Sir Jack promised us
2006/7: Won 4-1 at Leicester (after going a goal down in no time), good job we did as anything other than a win would have seen us out of the top six
2007/8: Won 1-0 at home to Plymouth, not enough as Watford won and we needed two more goals to overhaul them if we both won
2010/11: Lost 3-2 at home to Blackburn, you know the rest
2012/13: Lost 2-0 at Brighton when we were technically speaking still just above alive. We'd all given up though

So the 4th we have been outside the play offs hoping to get in then?

This will be the fifth. One success, three failures so far.

Weren't we in 5th position going into the game against Leicester?

Yeah, but it still went to the last day and if we hadn't won we wouldn't have made it.

As to the game - given where we are, just go for a big win and to hell with the consequences. It will be the only chance we have of getting there.

Up for this one, just hope that we throw the kitchen sink at them.

Would be inclined to go with Kenny's team, but with Henry on instead of VLP for the first hour then bring the latter on to run them into the ground

I take it sky will be showing two live games on Saturday.

I take it sky will be showing two live games on Saturday.

Should be. Guess they are waiting until tonights game is out of the way before announcing.

They might pick Watford's game to have the Champions-elect live. Our game is a possible as both teams could still have something to play for.

Should be. Guess they are waiting until tonights game is out of the way before announcing.

They might pick Watford's game to have the Champions-elect live. Our game is a possible as both teams could still have something to play for.

Was thinking the same especially if Rotherham don't win tomorrow night.

Hmm i reckon they will wait till after tomorrow's match and then decide..Rotherham win and i doubt they will show us..probaly as you say the champion contenders games.

It's Sky, they'll have the Watford and Bournemouth games on and bill them as the battle for the Championship

Hard to believe it's already the final game. I can see Reading beating Derby but not Wigan beating Brentford. Still, as they say, crazier things have happened.

All to play for.

Reading have won one league game since mid-February, I just can't see it. Derby are bad at the moment and if we had another three games we'd catch them with a bit to spare, but we don't.

Reading are in full on classic "on the beach" mode. Derby will get 3 or 4.

Brentford v Wigan depends on tonight....if Rotherham win or draw then Wigan go bye bye and they could be joining Reading on the early holiday

Back