• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Brighton: Verdict Thread

CB is a conundrum Nuno needs to solve if we want to play a four consistently. Is Coady good enough, but can we afford to lose his leadership? Is Boly on his way down too? And if we buy another CB do we okay him with Coady or Boly?

Either sold or coming off the bench when he's most effective in terms of bang for buck when he has tiring defenders to run at.
We should definitely not sell him. Despite his faults he has won us most of our points recently.

I would keep Coady as one of the two and work on him in pre-season (assuming he doesn't get an England call-up for the Euros)

he also held up the ball several times and won battles against their defenders rather than falling over. he always showed intelligence and movement but he's putting the rest together more every week
Tbf he's been doing that few a few games now, looks stronger and more confident as the season has worn on

Interesting stat, I don't think Brighton actually had an effort towards goal after about 25-30 minutes

Podence hasn't been near the player he was at the start of the season.

Adama has come into form at the end of the season

I would keep Coady as one of the two and work on him in pre-season (assuming he doesn't get an England call-up for the Euros)
I think that is a decision of sentiment not reality - Coady is not close to a commanding CH.

Adama has won us a lot of our points recently. He's incredibly frustrating but if I had to choose my frustrating player between him and Pod it would be Adama every single time.
Adama has guaranteed the point we should have been getting, but was looking like we weren't, credit to him

Coady I would keep - the leadership he gives is essential & not sure we have another now to provide that

Does need a commanding figure next to him if we are going to play in a back 4.

I think that is a decision of sentiment not reality - Coady is not close to a commanding CH.

Granted it hasn't been good opposition but he hasn't done a lot wrong for me in the last two games. I think there may be something to work on.

I doubt we'll be buying 2 really good CB's hoping for 1 and then Boly/Coady/Saiss fill the other roll(s)

Pod has been awful, can moan about Traore being inconsistent but you can’t with Pod - he’s been consistently garbage.
tbf think he's only been consistently crap since his injuries.....before that he was ok more than not, although him and Traore are never, ever going to be consistently good.

I think I prefer Kilman than Saiss at CB. He didn't do much wrong and took a yellow when it made sense too

Hoever I think will be a defensive rather than offensive player. He looked decent when defending but like a CB when trying to cross.

Back